Copied

I have a JavaScript submitForm function that does the following:

this.submitForm({
  cURL: addr,
  cSubmitAs: "FDF",
  bEmbedForm: true,
  bExclFKey: true

});

Where addr is a mailto: that includes ?subject and &body parameters. Works perfect for most users in-house. Sends the fdf just fine. However, random users cannot send and get the An error occurred while sending mail. message.

My IT group is clueless. We have Acrobat DC Reader, Outlook 16, and Windows 10 Enterprise. All on a thin client.

All the preferences I can see in the apps look fine, but I'm not IT and can't dig in too deep. Any ideas on what could possibly cause this? My IT group really has been zero help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jkitzy,

check this link out for additional insights:

when using the submit by email button, how do I have the form returned to me in a pdf format?

What do you mean when you say "most users in-house" and then by "random users"?

Looks to me as if random users are not part of your organization and using the same technical specs that you mentioned "We have Acrobat DC Reader, Outlook 16, and Windows 10 Enterprise. All on a thin client."

Are these random users outside of your organization trying to use the same document on different systems?

I have a similar problem at work that does not relate to yours but here it goes:

For example, due to some security policy restrictions applied on  guest user accounts in an  MS Windows 10 environment, if  I create forms with calculated scripts, those users logging in with a guest account  cannot switch from MS Edge browser to Adobe Acrobat DC as the default viewer/reader.  Guest users are simply not allowed to right-click on the file they downloaded to their Desktop and be able to select Properties and choose Adobe as the default program to open this type of file.

As a consequence,  when the PDF document is opened with MS Edge by default, they will be able to view the it but the calculated scripts get all messed up or won't even  work at all.

I believe the right term for this issue is that it will not render properly due to Active-X controls not fully supported in the Edge browser for the newest Adobe PDF technologies (***but not fully quote me on this*** it is stuff I've read in a hurry before and I might be wrong).

also please see this link for more additional insigths

What is a Reader Extended PDF? (Export PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems like an issue with either the email address itself, or your email client, not Acrobat.

What is your email client?

Do you have any issues emailing to the same external address through your email client?

Have you tried using the other Acrobat JavaScript email methods to send to these same random addresses?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines