JavaScript to set an Initial Vue option

Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can I use JavaScript to set the Initial Vue of a PDF to "Pages Panel and Pages"?

I know that I can do it at the document opening or using the Action Wizard but I want to include this in a larger script.

Thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

JavaScript to set an Initial Vue option

Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can I use JavaScript to set the Initial Vue of a PDF to "Pages Panel and Pages"?

I know that I can do it at the document opening or using the Action Wizard but I want to include this in a larger script.

Thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 19, 2020 0
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At document open use this:

this.pane = "T";

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the actual Initial View settings with a script, but you can force the Pages panel to show, as was described above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I need to change some small settings for an automation script, settings that are not covered in the JS model, I write a plug-in for it.  Of course this is platform dependent. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what i was afraid of.

In fact, I wanted to convert an Action into a Custom Command, but a Custom Command embeds only 1 command, it can be a JavaScript OR a "Set Open Options", not both.

Thank you all, your support is precious.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0