• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links and comments not traveling with pdf page upon insert

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swap out pages on documents, with new items, comments (red underlines) and links - sometimes the comments and links don't come over with the new page when either Inserted (Tools/Page/Insert)  or Replaced.  Does anyone know of a way to make sure the comment lines and links stay with the page?  It doesn't seem like I always have this problem but today i sure do!

So to reiterate:  I delete pages and then insert new pages with new links and underlines.  But it doesn't bring the new additions in, the old underlines and links are there with the NEW page.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with links. I'm combining files, usually by replacing pages, and sometimes inserting (using the "Organize Pages" tools). In the combined file, sometimes the links work and sometimes they don't. All the links (in the source file) were created in the same application, using the same method, by the same user (me). The links work in the individual files, but not when combined.

[Acrobat 2015.006.30508 for Windows]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Replace Pages tool is specifically designed not to carry over any type of annotation (i.e. fields, markups, links, etc).

This tool replaces the page content, text and graphics. This way you preserve everything added to the PDF after the initial conversion. To insert a page with complete fields, links, etc. use the page Insert tool. You can also drag and drop PDF files into the page display. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are links that were created in the source file; they were not added after the PDF was created. I use Replace Pages so I don't have to re-generate the bookmarks. (Sometimes the links do carry over to the combined PDF.) I don't think I should have to choose between re-generating bookmarks, or recreating all the links. Why not give an option when replacing pages--to keep links/comments or not? It sure would save me a lot of time while updating this 1,800 page book...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a really good idea. I suspect that when you think the links transfer on replace that something else is actually happening.

1) The link that was already there is still there after the page content was replaced. 

2) Acrobat automatically recognizes anything that looks like an URL and provides a virtual link.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines