Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macintosh SDK samples build

Guide ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having some trouble build the samples plugins for macintosh.

Looking at the BasicPlugin. There only seems to be a debug target. Where should I install the built debug plugin? In the Environment.xcconfig file there is an entry:

ACROBAT_PLUGINS_FOLDER = /Applications/Adobe Acrobat Next Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Plug-ins

This must be for a previous version of Acrobat?

P.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Adobe seem to have given up documenting recent changes, so far as I can see. It's quite a learning curve.

For the plug-ins folder try

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/<versioncode>/Plug-ins

You might have to create the Plug-ins folder within the <versioncode> folder. The version code is more properly called the "track name" though it isn't always the name of the track. It is found in the Acrobat app's Info.plist under the key TrackName.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like the path from a beta version of the SDK. If you are sure you have the latest version, just replace that path with what you have installed on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, no I am not really sure if I have the latest SDK. Do you have a link to it?

Thanks.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have got the latest sdk, I used the link on this forum page.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it is now considered very poor practice to install plug-ins to an application bundle. A separate plug-ins folder is now used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is the link provided at the top of the forum the correct link to get the latest SDK?

The projects in the downloaded SDK are for Xcode 5.1.1 and there is only a debug target. The date on the folders created from dmg are, 11 january 2016.

Thank you for any help.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK hasn't changed in several years. To use it you will have to know about the various target types of Acrobat (Classic, Continuous) and their version codes (DC, 2015, 2017), and where to install plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any documentation for this?

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seem to have given up documenting recent changes, so far as I can see. It's quite a learning curve.

For the plug-ins folder try

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/<versioncode>/Plug-ins

You might have to create the Plug-ins folder within the <versioncode> folder. The version code is more properly called the "track name" though it isn't always the name of the track. It is found in the Acrobat app's Info.plist under the key TrackName.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your help with this.

Here is what I have so far.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 14.34.51.png

Still doesn't load 😞

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the location I gave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Message to me, read the answers!

Thank you very much.

All the best.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines