• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many pages of online API reference are missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title. It seems more often than not, when I select a page in the API reference site (linked from the current SDK documentation), the page returns an HTTP 404 error. I'm having an incredibly hard time getting started with the SDK, as I'm just not able to find the documentation I need to get things running.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which part(s) of the SDK? Plugin? IAC? JavaScript? Other?

Can you post some example links?

Did you download the SDK itself, since the full documentation is contain in the package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to this site, which is for plugins and is linked from the online SDK documentation site. As an example, the "AV_Layer" page is missing, as is "AVMenubar".

I've downloaded the "Acrobat DC SDK for Windows" zip file from here, but I'm not able to find any documentation files in there; under PluginSupport specifically, there are directories named "Headers", "PIBrokerSDK", "Samples", and "Tools", but none of them appear to have any documentation files in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this link to the documentation on working with menus from plugins - https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/#t=Acro12_MasterBook%2FPlugins_Menu%2FCreating_Menus_and_Menu_Commands.htm

However, you are right that the AVLayer docs are missing! I’ll send a note off to see about getting that fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It would actually appear that none of the "XXX_Layer" pages are present on the site at all. Randomly clicking through the "Objects" pages returns a 404 error more often than not as well; it seems very patchy as to which pages are actually available online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation files should be in the SDK download. In HTML format. Perhaps zipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a PDF from the Acrobat 8 SDK: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/acrobat_pdfl_api_reference.pdf

Not much has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines