Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge multi page PDF's in sequence

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have a document numbered 1 - 100.   I have a second pdf that is also numbered 1 - 100.  I'm trying to merge the 2 PDF files into one, but to keep them in the same sequence.  So page 1 from document 1 will be followed by pg 1 from document 2.  When I try to merge the file currently, it simply drops in the 2nd document at the end or beginning.  I can manually insert them, but this is a test for a larger project.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jong34609817:

Automatically combining two files in that way is not within the feature set of Acrobat.

Maybe it can be scripted. I can move this question to the Acrobat scripting forum for you so that you can get a definitive answer.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of "interleaving" can be achieved using a script.

For example, I've developed this (paid-for) tool that does just that: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Combine Even-Odd Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just use Bridge to rename the files: 001_A through 100_A, and 001_B through 100_B.

Import using Create > Combine Files into Single PDF.

In Combine windows, view as list and sort by name (by clicking on name field).

Combine and done.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

If you want 001_A, then 001B, the 002_A, followed by 002_B, wouldn’t you need to also do a split pages on each PDF after the initial rename to create two 100-page PDFs before continuing with combining the 200 pages and sorting them by name?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes--I misread the question and thought they were already separate PDF pages. However, when I tested it, I simply used Acrobat to extract every page as a single page PDF. It only adds an extra minute or so to the process.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s a clever idea, David — I thought it might be an accidental omission!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines