• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirroring Text

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for information on how to mirror text in Acrobat XI Pro. I can mirror an image but not text. I can also flip text horizontally and vertically but I cannot get the TEXT to mirror. Is that still an option in Acrobat XI. I need this for our prepress department. We plate the text on the left and then mirror it on the right so our press can print both sides at the same time. I have had to resort to using an old copy of Acrobat 8 on an old machine and then copying that pdf to the machine I am using now in order to accomplish this task. I have been looking for an answer for a while and can only find information on mirroring an object or image. I hope someone can help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

I can rotate, resize, reposition text but CAN'T mirror or horz. flip text.

Craig Knippel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out a way to do it, but it's not exactly a feature... more of a work-around.

In edit mode, right-click on the text block, and select "Edit using>Illustrator" (assuming you have Illustrator).  Once the text block opens in Illustrator, use the Vertical Reflect feature, save the file, and it will return you back to Acrobat, with the reflection applied.

reflect.jpg

I hope this is a useful solution for your needs.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is another work-around, (Acrobat DC) use the preflight fixup- Flip pages horizontally, then select the desired type and copy it. Close the PDF without saving. Re-open the PDF and delete the old type, then paste in the (mirrored) type.

Another work-around is to place the PDF into InDesign or Illustrator and mirror it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines