• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Text up over a hidden text box?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf form that I am creating. I have yest no questions with a check box. If checked yes I have a text box that appears. When checked no it is hidden. Is it possible to get the next question to move up the page over the hidden text box? I am trying to reduce the white space on the form. I saw a closed post that mentioned how to do it but there was not enough information for me to figure it out.  I am a beginner so I will need step by step instructions. Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files can't be "re-flowed" like that. You can only move objects like fields, so your entire file will have to be comprised of fields to be able to do that. That's possible, but it's very complicated to implement. As the thread you linked to mentions, you will need to manipulate the "rect" property of all of these fields to move them up and down the page, according to your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get to the "rect" properties of a text box? Any chance you could write some steps on how to do this with text boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this.getField("Text1").rect will return the rect property of the "Text1" field, which is an array of four coordinates.

You can apply a new array to this value to move the field to a new location/size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines