Moving to next text field using ENTER key

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm relatively new to JavaScript and any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a form with multiple columns that a user will be filling out. The columns need to be filled out top to bottom. I would like to use the ENTER key to move to the next field in the column. I am aware that the TAB key is the default choice of Adobe, but it is not a logical choice for the users that will be using this form. Currently I have been using the script below to move from the first text field to the second. Is there a way for me to apply this script to the enite column without having to place the script in each text field's Custom Keystroke script area? I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Thanks.

if (event.commitKey === 2) {

getField("Plant Sample Row2").setFocus();

}

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Kind of. What you can do is put it in a doc-level function and then call it from each field, but you'll still have to specify the name of the next field as parameter. For example, the generic function would be:

function goToNext(fieldName) {

this.getField(fieldName).setFocus();

}

}

And then you call it like this:

goToNext("Plant Sample Row2");

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving to next text field using ENTER key

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm relatively new to JavaScript and any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a form with multiple columns that a user will be filling out. The columns need to be filled out top to bottom. I would like to use the ENTER key to move to the next field in the column. I am aware that the TAB key is the default choice of Adobe, but it is not a logical choice for the users that will be using this form. Currently I have been using the script below to move from the first text field to the second. Is there a way for me to apply this script to the enite column without having to place the script in each text field's Custom Keystroke script area? I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Thanks.

getField("Plant Sample Row2").setFocus();

}

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

Kind of. What you can do is put it in a doc-level function and then call it from each field, but you'll still have to specify the name of the next field as parameter. For example, the generic function would be:

}

}

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

}

}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try67.

Is there a way to simulate the tabkey (script) whent the name of the next field in unknown?

No matter where the cursor is, I would like the script to move to the next field, as if I was using the tab key

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 0
Participant ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm sad to read that 🙂

Thank you for your answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 0