• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiline text field line space 1 to 1.5

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm using bellow code to generate new paragraph. my issue is currant Multiline text field line space is 1 line but i want to change it to 1.5 line space. i have tried "Ctrl+E" option but it didn't work. hope someone can help me. thanks..

// Get field values

var Chaparral = getField('Chaparral').value;

// Build full_name string

var full_name = "I have put together this outline proposal for " + Chaparral + " and DeVries International, based on previous working knowledge of " + Chaparral + ". As such it is purely a draft proposal designed to show how Clear Commercial Solutions could assist " + Chaparral + " in gaining increased market share and appointing new dealerships globally, to support network growth, brand awareness, global sales and revenues.";

// Set this field's value equal to full_name

event.value = full_name;

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only possible if you set the field as having Rich Text Formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, already done so can u pls explain it little more ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you allow rich text formatting in the properties of the text field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, yes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you type ctrl+e ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, its working but if i change "Chaparral" field value, that setting automatically removing & generate new paragraph with 1 line space..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's how it works. You can't define it as the default setting, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, actually i'm trying make read only auto updating multiline text field that should match with document other paragraphs. in my PDF form other text paragraphs line space is 1.5. so after generating new paragraph, is that possible to do manual Ctrl+e line changing work automatically using javascript ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl+E is an interactive feature. You cannot directly talk to properties.

However, you CAN set a rich text field to rich text including fonts and line spacing. These are not defaults for people typing in the field, but if it's a read-only field the layout will stick. (At least in Adobe software; I'd expect very poor support in browsers, mobiles, email apps etc.)

There are a whole set of rather complex and detailed JavaScript methods for dealing with rich text. Please see the JavaScript API for information on field richValue and the Spans object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines