Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Calculations for one field

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a document (attached link  - screendump below) which I have added fields which if ticked, automatically puts the amount owed but if say if the rangers pick up say 2 or more animals, how can I then get the figure to multiply by the number of animals - I guess I would need to add another box to select the number of animals etc but what would the formula be please?  I have added the file via Dropbox (I hope it works)...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbhnfr7v9l4snx1/Fees%20%26Charges%20-%20City%20Assist.pdf?dl=0

Thank you

screendump.jpg

Screendump 2.jpg.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Check the calculation order of your fields. When in the "Prepare Form" tool use the "More" option to access the "Set Calculation Order".

You could just replace the check mark with a text field set to the "Number" format and then use the entered number to calculate the fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, there are issues with your code. Also, where is the number of cats, for example, coming from? You could convert the check-box to a text field, and then have the user enter the number of animals into it. In that case you could simply multiply that field's value by the price per animal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @try67 - this worked a treat and have changed to a text field and worked a treat.  Much easier than my current code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the calculation order of your fields. When in the "Prepare Form" tool use the "More" option to access the "Set Calculation Order".

You could just replace the check mark with a text field set to the "Number" format and then use the entered number to calculate the fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gkaiserilā€‹ - have changed to a text field and worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks gkaiserilā€‹

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines