• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My first MFC PDF app

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all of you. I have downloaded the sample project from the server, and I have compiled with VS2008. I have compiled ActiveView sample project. No errors ... but when I run this app, I got this error:

Failed to create object :<

at CMainFrame::CMainFrame(),

MainAcroApp = new CAcroApp;

COleException e;

if (! MainAcroApp->CreateDispatch("AcroExch.App",&e))

AfxMessageBox("Failed to create object :<");

and MainAcroApp has the following m_lpDispatch value: 0x000000

of course, something went wrong ... but what ? Is there any condition to run these sample projects ? Could you assist me in order to solve this ?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

You don't need to buy the SDK. It is free, and you have it, or you have some of it anyway. But the clue is in the name. It is the "Acrobat SDK". You say there is no Readme, but the SDK includes an extensive Developer FAQ which is essential reading.

Now, suppose you had the "Windows SDK". Would you expect to use that on a Mac, without buying Windows? Of course not. So, the Acrobat SDK is for people who buy Acrobat. If you don't know the difference between Acrobat Reader (free) and Acrobat (paid fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use MFC.  Write this app in VB or .Net.  There's way too many issues with managing this OLE interface in MFC. I believe there is an example in the SDK docs that shows code examples for the different languages. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know MFC only , so I cannot use another language ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded version 10 as sample projects ... and I didn't found any "readme" file or something that aware me what I need have in order to run these samples ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to buy the SDK. It is free, and you have it, or you have some of it anyway. But the clue is in the name. It is the "Acrobat SDK". You say there is no Readme, but the SDK includes an extensive Developer FAQ which is essential reading.

Now, suppose you had the "Windows SDK". Would you expect to use that on a Mac, without buying Windows? Of course not. So, the Acrobat SDK is for people who buy Acrobat. If you don't know the difference between Acrobat Reader (free) and Acrobat (paid for) please study, this is essential knowledge which Adobe will assume that you have, because the SDK documentation is built on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I get it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common problem is forgetting to buy (or subscribe to) and install Acrobat. It is the Acrobat SDK, for automating Acrobat, not a free PDF Toolkit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I could not run this sample project without buy SDK from Acrobat ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines