Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Pdf which has javascipt inside does'nt work on MAC

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !!!

I have a pdf form which has some scripts such as spawn a page, field hide or show depending on the checkbox checked ...

Everything is working perfectly on window, when i decided to check if everything was alright on Mac ... it doent work.

The field which is supposed to be hidden until the check box is checked is directly showed.

Thx for the help !

I  am using acrobat DC Pro

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

I cannot reproduce this issue on my iMac…

The form is OK when opening and the form field displays when the checkbox is ticked.

I don't know if this could be another issue, but the overlapping field is truncated (cannot read all the text) and is not covering checkboxes.

Anyway, I would have rather used a JavaScript dialog box with an OK button for displaying this message.

app.alert("Blablabla blabla blablabla");

Capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application are you opening the file with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With acrobat reader ... i forgot to mention it 😃 thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the code supposed to do? There are many things that can be done in Acrobat but not in Reader, you know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i ve heard about it ... but i downloaded the lastest version ( i presume because it was 2 days ago ) on Mac.

There is a bunch of check box :

For some ot them : if the checkbox is checked, some felds would appear or dissapear

For the others : if the checkbox is checked, some templates would appear or dissapear

I have used Reader to try it on Windows and everything was ok ! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it worked using the same version of Reader on Windows it should also work on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's why i ve posted this question 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't really provided much information about what exactly goes wrong. Is there an error message in the JS Console? If so, what does it say? etc.

It will also be helpful if you could share the file in question with us (using Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.). Then someone with a Mac (not me) could test it and see if it works for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx ! i ll try to be as clear as possible 😃

The first check box is used when checked to make appear a field ( read only with some text inside) ... this field cover others checkboxes ( when the checkbox is checked).

The lign of check box, when checked spawn a page ...

The problem is that when i open the file with Mac (Reader) ... the content of the first check box is there ( without being check) and i can not uncheck it ...

So i cant verify is the spawn page works.

00Formlic_Interactif_js.pdf - Google Drive here is the link ... it's in french

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never overlap visible form fields. The order of display and the order of which one sees clicks, are unpredictable. It can change between versions of Acrobat and has been different between the same versions of Acrobat and Reader at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how can i do so that it would work as in windows ...

Do i need to delete the overlap ? is there a solution to avoid the overlap ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i chnaged the overlap in the field ... i ll try again with mac ... thanks for the tips ...  i ll see if it works or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this issue on my iMac…

The form is OK when opening and the form field displays when the checkbox is ticked.

I don't know if this could be another issue, but the overlapping field is truncated (cannot read all the text) and is not covering checkboxes.

Anyway, I would have rather used a JavaScript dialog box with an OK button for displaying this message.

app.alert("Blablabla blabla blablabla");

Capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i change the overlap due to the previous remarks 😃 thx for the app.alert !!!

but i 've tried the checkboxs ( the ones aligned ) but when checked there is no spawn pages ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when checked there is no spawn pages ...

It's OK for me.

Capture 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

such as spawn a page,

acrobat reader

Be sure to use Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Reader XI.

Previous versions of Reader cannot spawn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines