Need a javascript for not have to tap to go to next field

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a javascript for the client to not have to tab to go to the next field. Example; text field limit to one character and when clients enter the character it should go automatically to the next text field. Can someone please help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

I recently answered a very similar question. See: Skipping charaters between linked boxes on form - Adobe Acrobat PDF

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need a javascript for not have to tap to go to next field

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a javascript for the client to not have to tab to go to the next field. Example; text field limit to one character and when clients enter the character it should go automatically to the next text field. Can someone please help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by try67 | Most Valuable Participant

I recently answered a very similar question. See: Skipping charaters between linked boxes on form - Adobe Acrobat PDF

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you searched for "autotab" or "gonext"?

JavaScript - setFocus Method for tabbing to next form field

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new to the javascript.....myne does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems fine. What happens when you try to use it? Also, where did you place the code?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the field self:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the discussion in that thread more carefully. It needs to be the field's custom Keystroke script.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooo okey let me try again thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2018 0