Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help Making a Button to Show Multiple (100+) Hidden Pages

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to design a simple Terms and Conditions page at the beginning of a document, where users read the T&Cs, click a button that says "I Agree" and then the rest of the document is made available to them. I have seen many threads about using templates, hiding them, and then using a JavaScript button to unhide them. This would work perfectly for me, except that I am unable to make a template that is more than one page, and the documents I will be attaching this to are hundreds of pages long. It is impractical for me to make every individual page a template, hide them, and then have to write code to unhide them one by one.

Does anyone either have a different way they can make this work, or even a way to make a multi-page template? I have done lots of research on this and haven't found any suitable answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/is-it-possible-to-hide-pages-in-an-existing-pdf-document/td-p...

Since not every PDF user out there  have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and since this is such a large document,  I don't think is convenient to use templates and a spawn method for many contraining reasons.

Handling file size inflation may be doable with javascript but the problem(s) that arise from using so many templates in a an already huge PDF is the big one here.

The other constraint deals with the fact that  some of the scripting to make javascripting methods to really work may not perform as expected.

The topic above in that link discusses all of this in greater detail.

Last, my main observation is that not every user will use(or is subscribed to )  Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. 

Most people nowadays also open PDFs directly in web browsers and other PDF viewing applications that are similar to Adobe Reader DC (free version with,  no PDF editing capablities).

When you open up the page that I linked here, scroll down to Jane-e's reply to the user. 

Even thought her comment doesn't appear to be the correct answer in that thread, I would agree with Jane-e that her recommendation is actually one solid approach to your issue. 

And of course you can also throw a little javascripting in the mix to make this as seamless as possible to your users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no such thing as a multi-page Template. I would abandon this approach and look for alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines