• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help with a button that would delete an amount, then to show it again?

Participant ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, what I need with is a javascript button that will enable me to click it and the result will remove the amount from the calculation, click it again and the amount that was removed will be added again.

Let me explain what I'm trying to do. I am creating a form that shows the total of material costs, then adds a percentage markup to the material costs from a drop down. Then I have a field to select the labor for the job. I'd like to have a button to remove the labor to see only the material costs by itself. Then click the button again and the labor total would be added once again without having to re-type it in. Would someone have a javascript that would help me do what I want? I hope it can be done. Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use a check-box, and a custom calculation script to add the value to the total when it is ticked, or not add it when it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but how would I do that? I don't know the scripting to add to the custom calculation. And then how would I redo and then show the amounts that I turned off to get the grand total again? It would be a great help if you could help me with the script? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you currently calculating the total?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, summing the materials is pretty basic, I'm using hierarchical method. All the totaling fields are name like this Total.1, Total.2 etc. and in the calculation window I just have Total. It works fine. The labor fields are basically adding the labor fields the same way. I have a field that totals all the material fields and a field that totals all the labor fields then totals both materials and labor fields. I also have a field (drop down) that allows me to select a mark up on both fields. Not too confusing, huh?

What I'm doing presently, is simply deleting the labor fields (drop down fields) when I want to see only the material costs. But, it's a hassle and unprofessional to have to then reselect the labor fields. What if I make a mistake when I re-enter that info? That's a big opps. So, I thought to have a button that would allow me to have the labor info then to re-enter the labor info without making a mistake. Know what I mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite, but if you want to add a value conditionally to a total it's quite easily done. I just posted a code that does just that, here: Re: Value from an Amount field added to "Yes" Check Boxes to come up with total

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the link you provided. I tried it out, but it's not what I was hoping for. What I was hoping to do is basically the same thing as Edit >Undo/Redo. I'm working in the FullScreen mode most of the time and I really don't want to exit the FullScreen mode to make the selection. So, I thought there would be a javascript that I could attach to a button that would do the same thing without having to exit the FullScreen mode. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need exit the FullScreen mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines