• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with if/then scenarios from multiple lists or combo boxes.

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combo box One: has 8 options.

Based on their choice, in combo/list box two they can have up to 11 options

Based on choice in box two, in the third, they can have up to 8 options.

is there a way to do this using if/then scripting? I am really familiar with Acrobat and forms but as you can see, I am not knowledgeable in this area 😉

For example:

Person A chooses item two in the first combo box,

based on that choice the second combo box give specific choices related to item two

Base on that choice, specific items show in the third combo box.

I'm not sure if this is even the best method to achieve this fillable electronic form, for engineers. But I'd really like them to use something other than Excel for submitting forms!! Any help / ideas / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!!@

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doing it using if-statements is possible, but will require manually hard-coding all the possible combinations into the code, which is not the best practice. Instead, you can do it based on an input data file and a more generic script. I've developed a tool that allows you to set it up very easily if you have such a file (basically just a spreadsheet with all the possible combinations), without having to write any code.

You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Create Cascading Dropdowns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines