• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to create custom stamp with just initials and current date and time

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 at our offices.

I have a user that wants to create a stamp with just their initials and current date and time. That's it. No other comments or words.

I wish the built-in stamps that already have the date and time code built in would just let you use that as a template and customize your own stamp.

Can anyone assist me with this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact you can customize one of the built in stamps. But you have to be careful. It has to be done in the original file, which means that stamp will be forever changed. Trying to copy existing stamp functionality to a new stamp is very doable, but there are details that have to be handled properly or the new stamp won't work.

There are some video tutorials here that explain both processes, changing an existing stamp, and copying functionality to a new stamp.

They are the two videos at the bottom of the list.

PDF Stamp Annotations

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer, Thom. However it looks like I have to pay a membership fee to view the videos. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a couple of them. The one on replacing content on an existing stamp is free, was well as some of the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Thom. Not sure if I'm seeing different home page than you, but I don't see the topics you're listing and every link I click on takes me to a membership sign in page.

I've tried searching for "changing an existing stamp" and "copying functionality to a new stamp" and I'm not finding the articles you've referenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link is not to the home page. It should be going to the stamp page.

Here's a direct link to the video:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/images/Free_videos/PublicChangeStampBackground.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines