• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie Acrobat Pro user

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for something specific and have been unable to find it on the forums.  I am not even sure if it is feasible.  It isn't a requirement, it is a nice to have.

Basically I have a 3 page form that I created to assist those submitting requests to me to do them consistently and help mitigate the potential for inaccuracy.  It is a fairly simple form and I found some answers on the forums that helped me get it about 95% there.

Basically I would like something where the Total Cost box (on page 1 which is derived from a sum calculation from fields on page 2) will be divided by the number of fields with information entered in them from page 3 and show the results in a dollar value in the field Per Person Cost on page 1.

I have 38 total fields with two different naming conventions on page 3 that need to be included in a script.

PRINT NAME1 (it goes to PRINT NAME30

PRINT NAME 1_2 (it goes to PRINT NAME 8_2)

Hoping I have explained myself well enough.  To summarize:

Basically if 12 names are entered on page 3, the value shown in the Total Cost box on page 1 ( say $60.00) would be divided by 12 resulting in a Per Person Cost ($5.00) on page 1.

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest grouping all the fields using the "dot" notation.  For example, "PrintName.1", "PrintName.2", "PrintName.1_2"

This naming provides an easy methodology for acquiring the fields you want to count.

If this naming is used, then put this calculation script in the 'PerCost' field

// Get list of fields to count

var aFldList = this.getField("PrintName").getArray();

var nCnt = 0;

// Count fields that are not empty

aFldList.forEach(function(a){if(!/^\s*$/.test(a.valueAsString))nCnt++;});

event.value = this.getField("Total Cost").value/nCnt;

I'm assuming the name for the total cost field is "Total Cost", change this to the correct name

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines