• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie needs help calculating field values

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to create a fillable form where the user enters a dollar amount in three seperate fields: "cost A", "cost B", and "cost C".  I then have a fourth field ("subtotal") that adds "cost A", "cost B", and "cost C" together.  The fifth field is where I am struggling- I need the fifth field ("tax") to calculate the "subtotal" field by four percent or 0.04. I need the "tax" field to show a dollar amount, for example subtotal field equals $100.00, the tax field should calcualte 4% of the subtotal field and show $4.00.  The very last field is the "total amount due" which would be the sum of the subtotal and tax fields.  What is the best way to accomplish this?  Thank you in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to do this depends on how users prefer to do it.

In my humble opinion the easiest fastest way is always with Simplified Field Notation.

I was able to make it work in 5 minutes just using Simplified Field Notation and assigning the $ sign  format using the existing pre-built custom formats in Acrobat ( Porperties--->> Format tab).

See slide:

simplified.png

If you prefer other easy methods before experimenting with JavaScript,  see  the following discussion:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Mistey,

Just a quick folow up and checking if this guidance helped you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines