• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Scripts Work Acrobat Pro DC (I'm a first-timer)

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time using Acrobat Pro DC and I have never written in Javascript.

I made a cool form with fields, drop downs, signatures, dates, clear the form button, boxes that autofill numbers using average or sums of numbers from other fields. Everything's working great. But when trying to learn how to write an easy code for doing something a little more custom I find that no codes work at all.

I have the Enable Acrobat JavaScript and Enable interactive console boxes checked in Preferences. In the console no scripts operate. Not even something as simple as 3+4. What am I doing wrong? Is there some other security setting or something that I have to turn on or off? 

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share another example of the codes that you already tried?

Not 3+4.  In Acrobat JavaScript (and with every programming language) there is a syntax and a structure that must be followed.

Usually variables are declared first, then you use commands and statements in a variety of ways to achieve something.

Another thing, JavaScript arithmetic is handled differently than the arithmetic that us humans can do by hand.

Most programming  and scrpting languages follow a logic of true or false. So a 3+4 not necessarily will return 7 as we would expect if the intention was to apply simple sixth grader math, for example.

I am curious though, why is it that your Acrobat javascript console is not returning any output as you've indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Hero for responding. At the moment I don't have any of the other codes I have tried. I watched a couple of video on Youtube but everytime I did whatever they told me to do (like 3+4) theirs does something and mine does not. I probably missed some detail. I'll keep at it and come back for help.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter 3+4 and press ctrl-enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! How exciting. Entering 3+4 and pressing ctrl-enter produced 7.

So, I guess that means my program's not broken as I supposed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your program is not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines