• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nooby Question About the ASN Developer Program

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create plug-ins for Adobe Acrobat DC.  I have been reading through the documentation for the Acrobat DC SDK Documentation and encountered a reference to the ASN Developer Program.  According to the documentation, I can find details by going to the page for the Acrobat Development Center.  That page contains no information about the ASN Developer Program.  I "chatted" with an Adobe support person who didn't have a clue.  The next day I called Adobe and almost randomly picked an item from the phone menu in an attempt to find somebody who would point me in the right direction to get some kind of information about ASN.  I landed on, I think, a phone menu branch meant for supporting download and installation of Acrobat.  The person I spoke with gave me an email address to contact in addition to a case number.

With high hopes, I dutifully sent an email to wwds@adobe.com.  I asked about the ASN Developer program: How to qualify.  How to join?  Is there a price?  What are the benefits?  The following day, I was copied on an email which asked Roderick Ide of Worldwide Developer Support to, "Kindly help partner below.  Thanks!".

Still no response.

So I decided to ask about the ASN program on this forum.

So what is the ASN Developer Program?  Does it still exist?  I have a sneaking suspicion that it doesn't.  Is there a price to become a partner?  How would I qualify?  .  Do I have to be some kind of partner to get my plug-ins published?  What are the benefits?  Would I get some kind of support to help me build my plug-ins?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

ASN no longer exists. Anyone can develop a plugin for Acrobat – no memberships or anything necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASN no longer exists. Anyone can develop a plugin for Acrobat – no memberships or anything necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer.  You'd think that Adobe would revise the documentation and eliminate the point of confusion.  Makes me wonder what else is incorrect or missing in the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines