Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not getting the 'enable Javascript' prompt for some forms but not others

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super confused here.

So I'm making a series of forms for people to fill out that use various Javascript to enable/disable fields, change colors, etc.

Some people are on 'secure' computers and need to actively enable Javascript. On most of the forms, the yellow bar appears at the top with the message about enabling Javascript. When that appears and they enable it, everything works fine.

However, for some forms, and with some people, this doesn't happen. No prompt appears at all, so no scripts can run. It just doesn't give the option at all, even when other forms do.

Everyone is using the same version of Acrobat Reader DC as far as I can tell.

What could I be overlooking? Could it be a setting on the user's computer? Why would it only effect certain files?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you physically seen this on the user’s screen? Or are you going with their description?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have sat at their computer myself and tried it.

I open the older Form A - I get a prompt to enable Javascript, and everything works fine.

I open the newer Form B, which can have same exact code used in Form A - there is no prompt, no Javascript.

I've tried making brand new forms and they also don't seem to work either- only older ones.

Could there have been an update to Adobe's software that could cause new forms with Javascript to no longer work on some computers? Maybe a security certificate change?

Is there a way I can upload an example PDF here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still seeking an answer for this. I've done more testing without any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will be good if you could share some sample files with us. You can't upload them directly, but you can share them via something like Dropbox, Google Drive or the Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines