• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered list based on Drop down

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like this is simple, but I need a dropdown that allows users to pick a number from 1 to 15. Then I need that dropdown to display a set of fields that repeats for the number of times they selected so they can input data for each one. Basically, I have clients who have anywhere from 1-15 candidates that all have separate information I need, and I don't want to have 15 sets of field for someone who only needed 2. Please help!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

You will have to create the 15 sets in advance and then show/hide them based on the user's selection.

The other option is to use a separate page for each set of fields, and then spawn/delete those pages from a Template object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to create the 15 sets in advance and then show/hide them based on the user's selection.

The other option is to use a separate page for each set of fields, and then spawn/delete those pages from a Template object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I show/hide only certain fields. Would that be under Actions or Calculate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I prefer to use the Validate event of the drop-down field for it.

It will require writing a script to do it. If the fields are named consistently then that code should not be very complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines