open pdf in new window, interact with third-party plugin?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a program that will open a pdf in a new window, automatically save the pdf on any change to the document, and will close the window when the program determines is appropriate. However, I would also like the pdf window to interact with a third-party pdf-signing plugin like it currently does in Acrobat Reader DC. Currently, when the user clicks on a signature field in Acrobat Reader DC, a signature box pops up so the user can apply his/her signature and then when they click Accept, the signature box closes and the signature field on the pdf is updated. If I create a "plug-in" that opens a pdf in a new window, will that window still interact with the third-party plugin in the same way Adobe Reader DC does? Would I use the AcroPDF object’s LoadFile method? I am trying to determine what is and is not possible before embarking down a path, so thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

open pdf in new window, interact with third-party plugin?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a program that will open a pdf in a new window, automatically save the pdf on any change to the document, and will close the window when the program determines is appropriate. However, I would also like the pdf window to interact with a third-party pdf-signing plugin like it currently does in Acrobat Reader DC. Currently, when the user clicks on a signature field in Acrobat Reader DC, a signature box pops up so the user can apply his/her signature and then when they click Accept, the signature box closes and the signature field on the pdf is updated. If I create a "plug-in" that opens a pdf in a new window, will that window still interact with the third-party plugin in the same way Adobe Reader DC does? Would I use the AcroPDF object’s LoadFile method? I am trying to determine what is and is not possible before embarking down a path, so thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 29, 2018 0

Have something to add?