• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf Collections, how to set field values so that importDataObject() displays them correctly

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an email in outlook, using PDFMaker I've appended the email to an existing pdf portfolio. The fields displayed in this portfolio are From, Subject, Date, Attachments, Size. The append to Adobe pdf function populates these fields in the portfolio correctly for the imported pdf converted email. What I need is to be able to do that programmatically through VBA or JS.

I'm using VBA to convert hundreds of emails to pdf and then append them to the associated pdf portfolios. I'm using the JS object to run importDataObject on the portfolios to bring in the email pdf. This requires privilege and I'm 95% certain I've figured that part out using the JS console in Acrobat. What I can't figure out is setting the field values for the portfolio.

I can take the appended pdf from the PDFMaker function and extract it, 100% intact, and re-add it to the same portfolio and all of the field data is wiped. All I see in the From field is the name of the pdf. So it can't just be a matter of setting the metadata like I initially expected. I've searched and searched through SDK info, and maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but I can't for the life of me find this. Help Please.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like this was a similar question that was left unanswered from 2010.

Imported Data Object properties problem.

I'm wondering if there isn't an answer or any reference in the SDK to resolve this question. That would be sufficient, I just need to know. It seems obvious that there is some way to code it since it works with the Append to Adobe pdf function in PDFMaker for Outlook, and since it is a script written by Adobe you all would know what I'm referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not obvious at all... Adobe's own add-ons use many undocumented and unsupported APIs, as well as their own PDF processing code. Nothing much has been added to the SDK since 2010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think it's as difficult as all that, all I really need to know is how to set a document's collection field properties so that it displays the appropriate information within the collection. It really has nothing to do with the PDFMaker addon, and everything to do with the collection properties.

I just used the PDFMaker as an example of what I would like to expect at the end of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines