PDF Form Script to Mark a dot or 'x" sign on a image

Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a pdf with a image i want that a user can mark anywhere on the image.... like a dot or a "x" sign or any other sign.....

is it possible via script...... currently i have made checkboxes all over the image with a circle, but by doing that there are many spaces on image which a left out.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

can you share a screenshot of what you're trying to do?

what version of acrobat pro are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can do this. But it will only work in viewers that are capable of running the necessary JavaScript. 

Download the "Swat the Fly" example file here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Free-Sample-PDF-Files-with-scripts.cfm

In this example new buttons are created every time the user click on the moving "Fly" button, at the location where the user clicks. The same technique can be used to place a stamp, text, or other annotation on a user image. The idea is to place an invisible button over the image, then a mouse click, is a MouseUp event on the button. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines