• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF form submit button, no minimize button on outlook window

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF form that works with a submit button. The submit button runs on a JavaScript command (this.mailDoc).

When I click the submit button, it does as intended. It opens up an Outlook window, however I noticed the window has no minimize button and there's no way to come out of it except closing the window. 

Is there a way to bring back the minimize button? Should the script be amended in anyway?

I read somewhere that it can't be done, would like to hear any other opinions.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

There's no way to control the behavior of the mail application via scriptings in Acrobat. You can only hand over a couple of pre-defined parameters (to, cc, bcc, subject etc.). Since there are several methods to send a file, you can try another one to test if your Outlook behaves differently with it. 

var cTo = "user@company.org",
    cSub = "E-Mail subject",
    cMsg = "Hello,\n\nthis is an e-mail for you."
this.submitForm({cURL: "mailto:" + cTo + "?subject=" + cSub + "&body=" + cMsg, cSubmitAs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no way to control the behavior of the mail application via scriptings in Acrobat. You can only hand over a couple of pre-defined parameters (to, cc, bcc, subject etc.). Since there are several methods to send a file, you can try another one to test if your Outlook behaves differently with it. 

var cTo = "user@company.org",
    cSub = "E-Mail subject",
    cMsg = "Hello,\n\nthis is an e-mail for you."
this.submitForm({cURL: "mailto:" + cTo + "?subject=" + cSub + "&body=" + cMsg, cSubmitAs: "PDF"});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines