PDF not calling functions

Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used functions in my forms for years and while updating one this year the functions that have worked for years don't want to pull. Is there a preference or a setting I've messed up that is causing this. I'm at a loss here, anyone?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF not calling functions

Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used functions in my forms for years and while updating one this year the functions that have worked for years don't want to pull. Is there a preference or a setting I've messed up that is causing this. I'm at a loss here, anyone?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is JavaScript enabled?

Press ctrl+j and look in the debugger for the functions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the functions say ' _____ is not defined'. When I go to preferences "Enable Acrobat JavaScript" is checked. I can have a different form open with the same functions and it might work in one but not the other.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you relying on folder-level scripts? If so, make sure they are still installed correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the debugger under "Scripts" look for the functions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unfamiliar with that term 'folder-level' all scripts are held in the document javascripts part of the pdf.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0
Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should still open Acrobat's JavaScript debugger. You will then be able to see if there are any error messages with re-guard to your scripts and even see what document level scripts are present and active in the form.

The Acrobat JavaScript Console (Your best friend for developing Acrobat JavaScript)

JSConsoleFunctions.jpg

You may have turned of JavaScript in Acrobat/Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 0