Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Organization

New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know if there is anyway to organise PDF automatically with a code.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Define "importance". Also, sorting pages and sorting bookmarks are two very different, and unrelated, tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what you mean by "organize", "automatically" and "code"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick feed-back.

I’m using a tool that generate pdf (100pdf) in one document and i need to organise all these pdf by priorityzing the order and the bookmarks.

my question is if there is a way to run à macro for it instead of doing it manually.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat supports scripting, yes. But you still didn't really explain what you want to do.

Do you mean that you want to re-order the pages in the file based on something? If so, what? Text on the pages themselves? The bookmarks? Something else? You need to be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed i need to reorganize pages and bookmarks the order they appear. In other words i would like to re-order all the pages and bookmarks according the importance they have.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define "importance". Also, sorting pages and sorting bookmarks are two very different, and unrelated, tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i can only re-order pages, it would be good.

any possibility to do so with a script?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You can use the movePage command to re-arrange the location of pages in a file.

Bookmarks can also be re-arranged, by the way, but it's much more complicated, especially if there's more than one level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know we can move pages manually i am looking for another solution like a script or a macro for time savings.

many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method I suggested is using a script. If you explain how to determine the "importance" of a page then I could let you know if the entire process can be automated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method i use to determine the « importance » is the header name of the pages.

many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? Try being more concrete. Your answers are very vague...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what can you propose me as a solution please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We suggest you be less vague. We cannot guess how you would decide what things are important!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe provide a sample file that demonstrates what you mean, as your descriptions have not been sufficient so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my late answer.

Ok to provide a sample file, how can i attach it for you?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can email it to me directly (try6767 at gmail.com) or upload it to a file-sharing website like Google Drive, Dropbox, Adobe DC, etc., and post the link to it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the document is heavy and i have some trouble to send it to you.

Let me try to explain you my needs in other words.

i am looking for a script able to order my pages in my  pdf document, i would like to have always in position 4 of my pages the page named «Beauvais » and in position 5, the page named « BRIVE », in position 101 the page named « LYON »....

example: if on the header of the page the name is « BEAUVAIS » the page should be in position 4 ....

the priority of the order depends on the name of the pages.

hope this can help you to understand my needs.

many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF pages don't have a name. I'm assuming you're referring to some kind of title text on the page itself.

Identifying such text with a script is tricky, but might be possible. Without seeing a sample file I can't help you any further, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want, extract some pages from the file and send them over, instead of the whole thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just sent it to you by e-mail.

Please let me know when received.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find the JavaScript functions for moving pages and bookmarks in the Acrobat JavaScript reference here:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/#t=Acro12_MasterBook%2FJS_API_Acro...

As an example of what you can do. There is a tool here for reorganizing pages to match the bookmark order (available to members):

Search Downloads

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines