Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Page Number

Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have used the below code in applescript.  Its working in few systems and not working in few system.  When I am checking I came to know Adobe Professional 8 is not support. I don't know the root cause of the issue? Is it related adobe version?

set pgNum to do script "this.getPageLabel(0);"               // But getPageLabel is working in acrobat javascript

How can i call the javascript in applescript for Adobe professional?  Can anyone suggest me..

Thanks,

Sudha K

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I don't have acrobat 8 to test with, but the applescript you provided works fine with Acrobat 11 and 19 ( the two I have installed on my system.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply...

I have acrobat 8 only... Also i need to make it work in acrobat 8.  Its working in acrobat 9 but not working in acrobat 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method is supported from Acrobat 5 onwards. It should work in Acrobat 8. What happens when you run it from the JS Console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I run this code from JS its returning page number correctly but its not working with applescript for Adobe professional 8.  Its throwing the below error in an applescript. It was working in one system with Adobe professional 9. I don't know whether its Adobe version with applescript problem or os related.

Error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask in an AppleScript forum, then. Probably some kind of integration issue. Acrobat 8 (and 9) are very old versions, not compatible with any current operating system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply..

JS working and also applescript is working in acrobat 8 but the same is not working in acrobat 9. Since  applescript called adobe javascript so i have placed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought it was the other way around... Working in 9 but not 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines