Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf to word(.docx) conversion and corresponding licenses

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the Acrobat dll to convert a PDF to a word document using the SaveAs() function. My company has a license for Acrobat Reader Pro. I am building a web application that will run on the server. It works locally but does not work on the server. I understand that Acrobat SDK is not suited for applications running on the server. Adobe PDF Library SDK allows for server deployment but it does not have capabilities to convert a PDF document to a word document. Which license or SDK/API do I need? What am I missing? Please help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

There is no such product as Acrobat Reader Pro. Let's assume you mean Acrobat Pro. You are right: Acrobat is not licensed for server use, and cannot be licensed for this purpose, as well as being profoundly technically unsuitable.

The Adobe PDF Library is just PDF manipulation, not conversion tools.

What you probably want is LiveCycle PDF Generator. This is enterprise class server software with Java and other APIs. Note that LiveCycle is a whole suite of products, you need to identify this by the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such product as Acrobat Reader Pro. Let's assume you mean Acrobat Pro. You are right: Acrobat is not licensed for server use, and cannot be licensed for this purpose, as well as being profoundly technically unsuitable.

The Adobe PDF Library is just PDF manipulation, not conversion tools.

What you probably want is LiveCycle PDF Generator. This is enterprise class server software with Java and other APIs. Note that LiveCycle is a whole suite of products, you need to identify this by the full name, never contract to LiveCycle. I think Adobe might have recently changed the name though, as a merry jape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(By the way, I do understand you want to convert FROM PDF not generate them, but LiveCycle PDF Generator has more capabilities than you might imagine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

It looks like the LiveCycle PDF Generator license is not available for India and I couldn't find a trial version either. Any other alternatives would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Adobe‘s only suitable offering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @contractp53202748 ,

Can you share your code please?

I'm trying to write a python program converting .pdf files to .docx ones, using Adobe server API.

I've found literature enabling to transform any .pdf file to a zip files containing .txt files (restoring text data) and .csv/excel files (returning tabular data). But I can't yet get the conversion done to a .docx file.

Have you ever met such issue. can anyone help? Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can you share your code please? I'm trying to write a python program converting .pdf files to .docx ones, using Adobe server API." Did you read the discussion? It was NOT concerned with a server API. Do you have a server API? Which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was working (at the time I asked the question) on Adobe PDF API to convert docx to pdf and vise-versa. In fact I already solved the problem. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines