• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF workflow with javascript

New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Indesign to create interactive PDF's with forms. I want to add some custom made calculations with javascript. This should be done in Acrobat to my best knowledge.

How should I edit a document without losing the javascript every time I update the document in Indesign?

Is there a way to save the javascript in an external file and include it every time I update the document!

Or is there some hidden feature which I am unaware of in Indesign!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think these questions should be asked over at the InDesign forum, but from my experience it is best to do all the forms and scripting work in Acrobat. If you need to update the underlying design do so in ID and then create a new PDF and use the Replace Pages command in Acrobat to replace the old file's pages with the new ones, which will keep all of your fields and scripts in tact.

But doing "round-trips" between Acrobat and ID tend to cause nothing but problems, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines