Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me set the stage:

text555 and text666 are sums of other fields.

text130.8 is the product percentage of text666/text555 (in simplified field notation).

The problem:

When all values are '0' i get the message:the value entered does not match the format of the field 130.8

I know that this means that i need a string for what to do when the value is '0', but i have been trying for 4 days to write and research one that will work and i CANNOT get it and I'm so frustrated!

Can anyone help me? lol

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's happening because you can't divide by zero. I'm guessing your format of text130.8 is set to Numeric but dividing by zero produces the string "Infinity" so...the value entered does not match the format of the field text130.8.

If you want to continue to use simplified field notation, you'll need to remove the format for text130.8 or you can write a custom JavaScript to test for a zero denominator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines