Plugin does not work when protected mode is ON

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We are unable to use our plugin when protected mode is on.

We are using C# generated .tlb file in the C++ plugin code. When plugin is installed on the system we do register this tlb file using regasm.exe.

When protected mode is off, the plugin loads successfully, but when it is on, plugin is not loaded and error message appears - "Unable to Initialize Adobe Plugins. Class not registered."

Not sure, but is the tlb file whose methods are being used by plugin CPP code causing this problem?

Also, I read in Adobe Security (related to protected mode) that broker process is required for out-of-proc COM objects. Since we are not using any exe file, I hope using tlb file should not be the cause of issue. Is it that we need to implement broker process for COM object (.tlb)?

Kindly let us know your valuable inputs.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Plugin does not work when protected mode is ON

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We are unable to use our plugin when protected mode is on.

We are using C# generated .tlb file in the C++ plugin code. When plugin is installed on the system we do register this tlb file using regasm.exe.

When protected mode is off, the plugin loads successfully, but when it is on, plugin is not loaded and error message appears - "Unable to Initialize Adobe Plugins. Class not registered."

Not sure, but is the tlb file whose methods are being used by plugin CPP code causing this problem?

Also, I read in Adobe Security (related to protected mode) that broker process is required for out-of-proc COM objects. Since we are not using any exe file, I hope using tlb file should not be the cause of issue. Is it that we need to implement broker process for COM object (.tlb)?

Kindly let us know your valuable inputs.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?