Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin is not work for Adobe Reader DC SDK

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I used Visual Studio 2013 for developing plugin from Adobe Reader DC SDK in the development computer. I built the sampe code - SampleExtn. Put the *.api into Acrobat Reader DC's plug_ins directory. Open Acrobat Reader and it can work. Show the "Acrobat SDK" in menu bar.

li0D4C_0-1607498669066.png

But when I installed the same Acrobat Reader DC in the another computer - testing computer. Copy the same *.api into Acrobat Reader's plug_ins directory. Open the Acrobat Reader and cannot show "Acrobat SDK" menu.

li0D4C_1-1607498855672.png

The two computers have the windows 10 OS and Acrobat Reader DC is 2020.013.20066.

Thanks,

Tony

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Is the plug-in reader enabled?

2. SampleExtn uses the sandbox. Is the sandbox enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. how to enable? I don't do anything in workable acrobat reader.

2. yes. sandbox is enabled.

Thanks,

tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug-in loading and initialization

When Acrobat or Acrobat Reader is started, it searches the plug_ins directory (co-located with the Acrobat executable) to locate and load plug-ins. In addition, Acrobat or Acrobat Reader searches folders that may be located within this folder. This search goes one level deep.

Acrobat and Acrobat Reader display a progress message in the bottom line of the splash screen at start-up. As each plug-in is loaded, the progress message shows the plug-in name. No plug-ins are loaded if the Shift key is held down while Acrobat or Acrobat Reader start. Also, if Acrobat or Acrobat Reader are running in certified mode, no third-party plug-ins are loaded.

I don't know how they work. don't know if it is related with my problem.

Thanks,

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is supposed to be impossible to load a plug-in to Acrobat Reader, unless it has been reader enabled. The SDK gives details. This needs a license from Adobe, and a fee. I do not know why it would load on the first machine, that sounds like a bug. You must use paid-for Acrobat for your testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS from your original title "Adobe Reader DC SDK", details matter.

1. There is no such product as Adobe Reader DC. The name of the free product is now Acrobat Reader DC. The name of the paid product is just Adobe Acrobat.

2. There is no SDK as "Adobe Reader DC SDK" or even "Acrobat Reader DC SDK". It is the Acrobat SDK, and you are expected to have Acrobat - not Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to download Acrobat product and it is free?

thanks,

tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To develop plug-ins for Acrobat or Acrobat Reader you will need Acrobat. It is not free. The SDK is a marketing tool for Acrobat, if you want to see it that way.  To make plug-ins that load in Reader you need a special license and fee. The license is only given in certain cases - for example, you must not make a plug-in for Reader that would save people from buying Acrobat by allowing editing!! The fee is variable, up to $25,000 per year for DRM plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you build a Release or Debug version of the plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built debug version.

thanks,

tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the use of a non-development machine you must build a Release version of the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Question moved to the Acrobat SDK forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is fine, when I build the release version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines