• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Populate to another text field from dropdown list and the user enter custom text, is it possible?

Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping if someone can tell me if this is even possible.

I have a dropdown list of work orders the user can select from which populates the number to another field called WO1.  The WO1 text field also has a custom calculation script that adds a slash and period to the number ie. /11223344. 

Is it possible for the user to be able to enter custom text in the same dropdown text field without choosing from the list and still have what they entered populate to the WO1 text field?  

Thanks!

//CUSTOM KEYSTROKE ON DROPDOWN TEXT FIELD

if( event.willCommit )

{

if(event.value == " ")

this.resetForm(["WO1","UnitofMeasure1"]);

else

SetFieldValuesWO1(event.value);

}

//JAVASCRIPT DOCUMENTATION

var WOData = { "112233 Inspection":{ WO: "112233",

UOM: "Hrs" },                

"445566 General Maintenance":{ WO: "445566",

UOM: "Hrs" },                                 

"778899 Customer Service" :{ WO: "778899",

UOM: "Hrs" }};

function SetFieldValuesWO1(cWOName)

{

this.getField("WO1").value = WOData[cWOName].WO;

this.getField("UnitofMeasure1").value = WOData[cWOName].UOM;

}

//CUSTOM KEYSTROKE IN WO TEXT FIELD

if (event.value) event.value = "\\" + event.value + ".";

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've added a document that will hopefully help explain what I'm trying figure out.  I have a custom calculation script in the WOEmp1 and WOEmp2 text fields that populate the work order numbers on dropdown list and the absence type chosen.  I currently have a seperate text field next to Work Order # set up so the work orders on the dropdown list populates there.  This is a fillable text field which I also need to populate to WOEmp1 and WOEmp2.  Optionally, the dropdown list could be fillable, either way I need to have the fillable text populate.  How can I do this?

Another option I was thinking could be to add a custom calculation script to the WO1 text field based on what's been entered in another text field.  The problem is one of the text fields I need to populate may need to be manually entered.  I'm struggling with how to do this.

//CUSTOM CALCULATION SCRIPT

var a ="";

if (this.getField("AbsencePayType1").value == "Vacation"){

a="123";

} else if (this.getField("WorkOrders1").value == "112233 Inspection "){

a="112233";

} else if (this.getField("WorkOrders1").value == "445566 General Maintenance "){

a="445566";  

} else if (this.getField("WorkOrders1").value == " 778899 Customer Service "){

a="778899";

}

event.value = a;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines