• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to programmatically convert PDFs to MS Word/Excel using Acrobat API or SDK?

New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full version of Acrobat. I want to be able to integrate the Acrobat PDF -> Word/Excel functionality into a third party application. Is it possible for me to achieve this using existing APIs or SDK or it's only possible to do this manually?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as this is part of an interactive process and not something automated. And as long as it running on a desktop machine and not a server…

Then yes, you can use the conversion functions from another application either via the COM/JS bridge (for limited control) or via a plugin (for the most control).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Irosenth for replying so quickly. There appears to be quite a few broken links in the SDK documentation. Would you kindly point me towards the COM/JS bridge documentation and the plugin documentation? I'm new to the Adobe developer ecosystem so unfortunately this is all new to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just download the SDK itself and then everything is local.

For the COM/JS bridge, look into the this.saveAs() method. For plugins, look at the AVConversion APIs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case it isn’t obvious: the Acrobat SDK does not give you any development API that is free, redistributable, or royalty free. Each of your end users will need their own Acrobat license (not the free Reader) which can be perpetual or subscription. You cannot sublicense it to them unless they are employees of the same organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines