• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print: Save Ink/Toner Option causes WillSave handler to run

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable form that I created in 2008 that I am now getting complaints from users who are on Acrobat Reader DC.  The complaint is that when they print, the form fields are blank.  I have narrowed it down to the "Save Ink/Toner" option that is new to DC on the print options menu.

What is happening is that, when left checked, the Save Ink/Toner option is causing the Document WillSave event handler to run right before it actually prints.  I have javascript in that handler that clears certain fields before a user saves, because there are only certain fields I want them to be able to store  (otherwise it screws up calculations next time they open the document).  So when WillSave runs right before print execution, it is clearing the form fields, then printing blank forms.

Unchecking the Save Ink/Toner option when printing is an easy fix.  And if I get 2 thousand phone calls from people who upgraded to DC and now their forms are printing blank, then maybe I'll put a recording in our phone system that tells them to "uncheck Save Ink/Toner" before calling us for tech support.

TL/dr: Really, my main question is "Why is the Document/WillSave handler running when a user prints in Ink Saver mode?  And is there a way to programmatically (javascript) uncheck the Save Ink option in the print menu?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue.

It seems to reload all doc level scripts. Which caused an issue with a few users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines