• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing PDF attachments with Javascript

Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to print a PDF and also the PDF attachments inside of it with Javascript?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Yes - and the code is fairly straightforward.

However, can you describe the use case a bit more?

If you have control over the desktops that need to do this, then you'll be able to install a folder level script that will allow you to print the document and all of it's attachments with minimal user interaction.

If you were thinking of distributing the file and using a button to print everything, you're going to end up showing a dialog for each attachment being printed. I imagine that's not what you w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - and the code is fairly straightforward.

However, can you describe the use case a bit more?

If you have control over the desktops that need to do this, then you'll be able to install a folder level script that will allow you to print the document and all of it's attachments with minimal user interaction.

If you were thinking of distributing the file and using a button to print everything, you're going to end up showing a dialog for each attachment being printed. I imagine that's not what you were hoping for.

Alternatively, if everyone is using Acrobat rather than Reader, then you can assemble the file and the attachment into a single hidden PDF that you then print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

It was for distributing the PDF. Now I’ll be creating a Portfolio, that can print all content in one go.

Thanks for taken the time to replay and ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally I don't recommend that Portfolios be used anymore... though t I did LOVE them at one time but for this use case, a portfolio is the better option. Note that if you distribute the PDF as a link, be sure to set the link to download the PDF or it will open in a browser that doesn't know how to print a Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m also afraid Adobe drop the Portfolio features...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I do have control over the desktop that needs to do this. Can you tell me more about where I can find the folder-level script to install on my machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines