• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about Interapplication Communication in Acrobat DC SDK for Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to view PDF documents from my Windows application with the help of Acrobat Reader DC.

I've read the Acrobat DC SDK Documentation and tried the samples, but I still have a couple of questions.

1. Am I right that AcroPDF library is the only way to view PDF documents with the help of Acrobat Reader DC?
  2. Is there any way to display just PDF documents without additional UI elements when using AcroPDF library?
    As when I try to follow AcrobatActiveXVB sample in my application and open the document from the sample (https://www.adobe.com/epaper/pdfs/elib_swedish_libraries.pdf ), I get the following:
    1.PNG
    And this is already strange since SetPageMode states that "none" is the default mode (Acrobat DC SDK Documentation).
    With the help of the following code I manage to make the look closer to what I want:

axAcroPDF1.setShowScrollbars(false);

axAcroPDF1.setShowToolbar(false);

axAcroPDF1.setPageMode("none");

2.PNG
    But in order to get a nearly ideal look I still need to click on the arrows to hide UI elements, so I can get the following look:
    3.PNG
    But there's still an arrow as UI element on the right side. Can I achieve something like this programmatically (ideally without that arrow on the right side)?
  3. AxAcroPDFLib.AxAcroPDF is always reset when I load another document. Is there any way to remember the previous state? I mean not to call

axAcroPDF1.setShowScrollbars(false);

axAcroPDF1.setShowToolbar(false);

axAcroPDF1.setPageMode("none");

for every document I open.

P.S. I am actually quite OK to open Acrobat Reader DC and send some keystrokes to it, but in the guide to command line parameters (https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/AcrobatDC_pdf_open_parameters.p... ) I couldn't find a way to open Acrobat Reader DC full-screen. This was my best try using the following arguments:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" /A "pagemode=none&scrollbar=0&toolbar=0&statusbar=0&messages=0&navpanes=0" "elib_swedish_libraries.pdf"

4.PNG

Is there such a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. This is correct.

3. You must call this for every document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

So I suspect that AxAcroPDFLib.AxAcroPDF without additional UI elements and Acrobat Reader DC in full-screen from command line are both not possible.

Or you just do not have information about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All information is specified in the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thank you.
I just find the documents sometimes rather inaccurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone please directly answer the remaining questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines