• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An error exists on this page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly..." when open file created with Bluebeam Revu

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We use Bleubeam PDF Revu application in order to edit pdf files provided by customers.

We open orginal file in Bluebeam, copy part of the drawing and paste into new PDF generated in Bluebeam adding comment.  

After new PDF file is saved we can open it in Bluebeam also preview it in Google Chrome without error, .

Unfrtuantely sometimes when we open document in Adobe PDF Reader (both 11 and DC) it shows famous generic error dialog: "An error exists on this page....".

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually a pretty good indication for a problem with the PDF file. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can run a preflight check to list syntax errors in the PDF file. Just because other PDF viewers are not reporting this error, this does not mean that there is not a problem in the PDF file. Even Acrobat or the free Reader will fix certain errors behind the scenes.

In my opinion, software that silently ignores errors is actually doing you a disservice: You want to know that some of your application are creating corrupt PDF files, so that you can complain to the developers and have them fix the problem. If you save this file, and not touch it for five or ten years, who knows what software we will be using then to view and process PDF files, and what such an application will do with a corrupt PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Karl,

Unfortunately I have no access to Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I can provide you sample file if you can check it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share a file, you can upload it to Adobe's Document Cloud and then share the link here. See here for instructions: Share Documents via Adobe's Document Cloud

Because most people here on the Adobe Forums are volunteering their time, it may take a little until somebody can actually take a look at your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file, please remove xx from the address.

hxxps://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/ca34f8c3-abd2-4147-ad83-f9cdef4fa663

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bad news is that Acrobat's preflight does not find any errors, but when I run the file through Ghostscript (another PDF viewer) it does report errors in images. I then looked inside the file, and to me it looks like the PDF file was created by an application that does not correctly interpret the PDF specification (e.g. there is an "Annots" dictionary in one of the page Contents elements - that dictionary should be on the page level. This again points to a problem with the PDF file. It may be that the PDF files you are receiving are already corrupt, but it's also possible that your workflow introduces the problem. You may want to talk to the makers of the BlueBeam software to see if they know about this type of problem, and if they can offer a fix or a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into a similar issue. What I had done is reduced the lumosity through color processing. I opened the original document seperately brought all my new elements in via copy and paste without adjusting lumosity and the error no longer existed. Not sure if it is the same case with you, but this work around worked for me. Not optimal, but it relieved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines