• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

random fill check box/es

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the dumb question first.  I don't even know if its possible.

if there any way to put a random check mark with the click of a button?  a click will provide check mark/s on the different check box/es...

for example..

I have 10 check boxes.  when i click on a button or 1 of the checkbox, it will put check marks on 1, 2, or 3 check marks in any of the 10 check boxes?

also, can i put a random but check mark on certain check box more frequent? check box 5, 6, and/or 7 gets most check mark??

I am sorry if i am not clear but I am trying to generate random check mark on my 10 check boxes automatically and favors check box #5,6, and/or 7.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting one check-box out of 10 randomly is easy enough, but favoring specific ones is much more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  favoring is not possible... can it randomly check only certain check boxes?

for example put the check mark/s on box 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... can be two check mark (3 & 4 or 6&7), and/or three check mark (5, 6, 7 or 3, 4, 5)

is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to explain the exact logic behind how it should work. If you mean that if field 3 is ticked then it will automatically tick field 4 100% of the time, then yes, that's possible. What about the other way around, though? Should it be possible to tick only 3, or only 4, without ticking the other one? etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry if i was not clear.  I will try again.

in the form I have 10 check boxes, I need check marks between 3 to 7 randomly with the check mark being set of two or three.

some combo of the check mark can be 3,4 or  3,4,5; or 3, 6, 7)  randomly.

does this clarify?  the trigger to put the random check mark, I am open for ideas.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't follow the part of the combinations. To produce a random number between 1 and 10 you can use this code:

Math.ceil(Math.random()*10)

I'm afraid I can't help you with the rest of it as I don't quite understand how it should work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines