Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot identify why I am receiving this message:

ERROR MESSAGE:

RangeError: Invalid argument value.

Field.display:2:Field rdo.Trid:Mouse Enter

SCRIPT: this is a mouse enter script attached to a radio button and manipulates the text field, "txt.HelpPage6".

var help6 = this.getField("txt.HelpPage6");

help6.display = display.visible;

help6.value = "\rNOTE: Although the lender's and owner's premiums will populate automatically when you click here, you may change their values in the 'Premium' field in the cost columns of Section 17.a. or 17.b. To reinstate the auto-generated premiums simply click here again."

COMMENT: This script worked just as intended for three days before this error surfaced and no changes have been made in the relevant fields.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018
BTW, what might have happened is a bug in some code overwrote the value of display.visible, which should be 0. This should go away with a restart of Acrobat, as long as the buggy code does not execute again.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the interactive JavaScript console, enter this line of code:

display.visible

and press Command + Return

It should then return a value of zero:

Report back if it shows something else. You could also try replacing display.value with 0 (zero) to see if it makes a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, what might have happened is a bug in some code overwrote the value of display.visible, which should be 0. This should go away with a restart of Acrobat, as long as the buggy code does not execute again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered display.visible in the console, pressed command + return and the returned value was 0

I believe it was bug as described: When I restarted Acrobat the problem had disappeared.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was a bug, it was most likely in some JavaScript code somewhere. If it was in some code that you wrote, it would be worth trying to track it down so this doesn't happen again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using the syntax f.hidden = true and f.hidden = false extensively in my project until I stumbled across the fact that that method has been superseded by f.display = display.hidden and the other display keywords. I have found that as I correct scripts one at a time from true / false to the keyword method I frequently received the Range Error message after each modification, but only until I closed and re-opened Acrobat.

After learning here about this I edited "All Javascripts" with search and replace rather than doing it piecemeal, and have had no further Range Error messages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I had been using the syntax f.hidden = true and f.hidden = false extensively in my project until I stumbled across the fact that that method has been superseded by f.display = display.hidden and the other display keywords. I have found that as I correct scripts one at a time from true / false to the keyword method I frequently received the Range Error message after each modification, but only until I closed and re-opened Acrobat.

After learning here about this I edited "All Javascripts" with search and replace rather than doing it piecemeal, and have had no further Range Error messages.

David

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines