Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote update of javascript in server

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greetings

I have a question regarding something I think it would be very useful for what I want to achieve.

I have multiple PDF forms that have document javascript, and I am constantly doing updates and improvements to them.

they of doing it is by modifying the script and using Action Wizard and this.addScript( etc., this takes time and as I have to make them in small groups because it in large quantities it crashes.

my problem is that the files are too many ~2000 and to do the updates, Typically I need to take them with external disc and do the updates at home where I have my Acrobat Pro DC.

I had another prospective of making a folder level javascript to do the changes once and be reflected on app level, but unfortunately the work environment prohibit this method.

My question is there any way to do remote updates for document level javascript? like uploading the files in a server and do the thing ?

I was trying to search the internet for server side script and so just to know if it applicable but hit a wall.

thanks in advance

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Not with Acrobat, but there are plenty of PDF libraries out there that can be used to do it.

I've developed similar tools in Java using PDFBox, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with Acrobat, but there are plenty of PDF libraries out there that can be used to do it.

I've developed similar tools in Java using PDFBox, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much this helped me a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to do this without using a PDF library is to create an FDF file that runs a script after the PDF is loaded. The script in the FDF injects the document level scripts into the PDF file as it's loading. Your PDF files then never need to be updated, they just run the current script every time they load. Your links then go to the FDF, not the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is a brilliant idea actually and it gave  me another prospective of how to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines