Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renderable Text Error during Optimize Scanned PDF executed in Action Wizard

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do I get rid of renderable text in pdf in Action Wizard?  My annotations are already flattened but still searchable.  However, I don't know how to make them nonsearchable.  I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro X 10.1.16 on Windows 7.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Acrobat X has no tools to remove text so you can OCR. Why did you flatten the annotations?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X has no tools to remove text so you can OCR. Why did you flatten the annotations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, I figured out yesterday, I don't get this error if I lock the text instead of flattening so now I am not going to flatten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is actually one method to remove renderable text: When you export the whole page as a number of high resolution images (e.g. TIFF, 600dpi), and then create a new PDF document using these images, and then run OCR again, you no longer have renderable text in the document. It's a lot more effort than to just run OCR, but if you need to OCR these documents and don't have any other method to do so, then this workaround will at least give you the output you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thx for reply.  Yeah, this is way too much work when I am trying to automate things.  I will just lock my annotation instead of flattening it.  Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you be willing to share how you locked the annotations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines