Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RESET FORM NOT RESETTING HIDDED FIELDS BASED ON RADIO BUTTON CHOICES

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a reset button to reset the entire form. But when "pushed". It resets everything execpt the hidded/visible choices made by a YES/NO radio button choice.  The YES/NO radio choices work as expected in regards to hiding/unhiding the fields.
Can anyone assist me in clarifing why this is happening?

I am using DC.

Thank you,

T

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It clears the radio buttons, nothing more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best to use JavaScript in addition to (or instead of) the reset form action you're already using. A script can do the job of showing/hiding fields as well as setting field values.

A reset form action (or the resetForm JavaScript method) will simply set the field value of each included field to whatever the default value of each field is. It cannot (directly) control the visibility or other field properties of a group of fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place the code that determines whether to show/hide those fields as the calculation script of a (hidden) field then it will execute when you reset the form (like all calculation scripts) and you'll get two birds with one stone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for your assistance. With y'alls help, I was able to correct my script! I appreciate your help. And apologize for the latest of my replay!

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines