• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

right click menu missing in windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click menu to convert to pdf is missing, yet there is still the spaces for the menu description and if blindly clicking on the blank area the functionality works.

Any idea how to restore the descriptive text?

Windows 10 pro 64

Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro Extended

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is not compatible with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree to that, but it was working last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update Windows by any chance? Anyway, this is exactly the risk of running an application in an incompatible environment. It can stop working or have all kinds of strange problems without a clear reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no manually made updates. (Windows 10 may make updates in the background)

there is a necessity to run Adobe 9 pro extended, I do not believe there is a later version of Adobe that can convert 3D files into 3D pdf files.

I still think there should be a solution to this problem, the functionality is still there, just the descriptive text in the right click menu is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a recurrent problem. I re-registered the contextmenu.dll as Adobe instructs elsewhere and checked that they corresponding registry key is in the Approved subfolder. I run Acrobat 10.1.16 and none of these solutions help. Adobe, that's a piece of shoddy programming or bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not. You're running an application in an unsupported environment. Problems are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is vague and not very helpful. In another Adobe thread, I found a solution. using CCleaner to enable and disable context menu items. I disabled the Google Drive items and the Adobe Acrobat context menu items came back on Windows Explorer.

The reason? Google Drive uses the same name for the .dll file. Yes, it's called contextmenu64.dll and that creates a system conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old issue that predates the founding of Adobe. Big Blue always blamed other vendors if issues appeared in their systems if any non-Big Blue device or program was present. It is obvious that your specific configuration using an unsupported version of Acrobat along with Google drive and possibly other programs. All of these can contribute to incompatibilities between all of these programs and they all think their solution is the only approach.

As for running Acrobat 9 there are some features that most likely are not available under Windows 10 but you are not using them. But eventually Acrobat 9 will fail due to some update to Windows 10 or Microsoft Office. Just have a game plan for when this does not work. Do not expect many here to spend time to try to fix your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to provide a workaround, not ask for a solution as you imply. You need to brush up on your manners, sir.

Besides, I never said I was using Windows 10 or Acrobat 9. Instead of wasting your time making assumptions, ask questions first or simply abstain from chiming in since it is such a bother to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you were replying to a thread that discussed using Acrobat 9 on Windows 10, so we assumed you had the same situation.

If you didn't, then you should have started a new thread and save yourself (and us) the hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many have reported the context menu issue in Acrobat happens in several versions, from Acrobat 9 to Acrobat DC, in various Windows operating systems, so my posting is still relevant.

My comment about better manners applies to you as well. Be less curt next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, next time I won't bother replying at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a solution. All you need to do is uninstall the adobe acrobat and once completed, delete any file associated with the acrobat dc. search for hidden files and make them visible and go to your user data and search for any adobe acrobat associated files and delete them. finally, install your acrobat again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

• First open the installation location of Adobe Acrobat PRO.
  • This differs per version x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit).
    If you have chosen the default installation it can be in 2 different places.
    • 32-bit (x86)
  • "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu.dll"
    • 64-bit (x64)
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu64.dll"

Then use regsvr32 to register the context menu DLL

• regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu64.dll"

https://baswijdenes.com/fix-adobe-acrobat-pro-context-right-click-menu-missing/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines