Script to rename documents from text within the document itself?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original file is a series of letters to send to customers.  Each letter is two pages long; I already have an action to break the document up by two's and add a letterhead logo before saving each as a new file.  I used javascript to separate them because I wasn't familiar with Acrobat's capabilities at the time.  The customer's name is listed on each letter in the exact same place on each document.  Is there any script that would be able to "read" the customer name (given it's in the same location on the first page of each letter) and save the file as that name?  I thought I was smart when I found out a script to separate the file, so I'm not a high-level thinker when it comes to this.  Any places to point me if there isn't a straight solution?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Macintosh, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a straight solution, but it's certainly possible. I've developed many similar tools in the past for my clients, so if you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you feel free to contact me privately (try6767 at gmail.com).

Keep in mind that a script can't actually rename a file, though, just save a copy of it under a new name.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines