Serialize pdf for printing multiple copies

Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need some help in generating a serial code in a text field in acobat to increment when the following applies.

When i open the pdf, i need to print 10 copies. I need a javascript function to generate a sequential number for each printed copy. Then the pdf should save the last serial printed upon closing of file. When the file is open next time and printed again , should advance the serial numbers and save the last upon closing.

Sounds complex but i did not find a solution anywhere.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Serialize pdf for printing multiple copies

Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need some help in generating a serial code in a text field in acobat to increment when the following applies.

When i open the pdf, i need to print 10 copies. I need a javascript function to generate a sequential number for each printed copy. Then the pdf should save the last serial printed upon closing of file. When the file is open next time and printed again , should advance the serial numbers and save the last upon closing.

Sounds complex but i did not find a solution anywhere.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 20, 2017 0
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, but only if the file is printed from a button that you add to it (or to the application). If the user used the built-in Print command of Acrobat (or Reader) they can specify any number of copies and you won't be able to keep track of it, as it's considered a single print command.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2017 0
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you be able to help with something like this ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2017 0
Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Contact me at try6767 at gmail.com and we could discuss it further.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2017 0
Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made this for a client a few month ago.

(with in addition a barcode that works in Acrobat Reader)

You can contact me too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2017 0